Casual for a Cause
"Casual for a Cause" is a series of events M-O FCU staff are passionate about. For one week each quarter staff get to wear jeans to work by making a monetary donation to a worthwhile cause. Over the years groups / organizations that have benefited from these donations have included: Salvation Army Angel Tree, Senior Tree, Beadle County Humane Society, Splash Central, Heartland Region United Way, Children's Miracle Network, People's Transit, plus many others!
Central Chapter of Credit Unions
M-O Federal Credit Union is a member of the South Dakota Central Chapter of Credit Unions, which is made up of seven credit unions; five located in Huron, SD and two from Pierre. In addition to meeting monthly meetings for training purposes, they also participate in various community involvement projects.
- Adopt-A-Highway - each Fall volunteers gather to clean garbage from the ditches
- Salvation Army Food Pantry - each winter the group donates food and toiletry items to the Salvation Army for distribution around the holiday season
- 50/50 Donations - funds raised through 50/50 drawings are donated to local groups and charities, some of which include: People's Transit, Jan Manolis Family Safe Center, Beadle County Humane Society, Hope Therapeutic Ranch, Helping Hands, along with many others!
- Financial Literacy Event - volunteers taught youth about credit unions, money, and finances during Career Week at a summer day camp put on by Huron Parks and Recreation.
Other Community Involvement
- Homecoming Parades - each year M-O FCU likes to be involved in the Huron Homecoming Parade
- Miracle Jeans Day - staff wear jeans for a monetary donation to the Children's Miracle Network Hospital
- Day of Caring - Tiffanie has participated in the United Way Day of Caring for the past several years
- Miracle Treat Day - staff order Dairy Queen blizzards donating funds to the Children' Miracle Network Hospital