M-O Federal Credit Union was chartered in 1950 in Huron, SD with just 50 members. We now have over 2,000 members and have grown to over $26 million in assets. M-O stands for Missouri-Oahe, however our official chartered name is M-O Federal Credit Union, M-O FCU for short. Our first office was in the Sprague Building (which was south of the Huron Post Office). The Credit Union moved to the Federal Building in 1977. In 1996, we rented a portion of a building at 18th & Dakota Ave for use as a drive-up branch facility. In 1999, we took over the entire building, and in 2004 a remodel and addition was started. In addition to the Dakota Ave location, M-O FCU still operates an office in the Federal Building, and continues to serve the same field of membership since we were chartered in 1950.
The top picture is what the building at 18th & Dakota Ave looked like when the Credit Union first moved in. The picture below is after the addition was completed in 2005.