ATM / Debit Cards
ATM / Debit Cards
We offer Visa(R) ATM / Debit cards that provide all the acceptance of credit cards without slowing you down to write a check. Click here for an application. Purchase most anything, anywhere you see the Visa(R) logo and the money will be electronically deducted from your checking account. Our debit card offers the added convenience of being an ATM card to withdraw cash from your account as well. This can be done while making a purchase at a store or by using an ATM. These cards are available to you whether you have a checking and savings, or just a savings account. If you only have a savings account the only feature they have will be ATM cash withdrawal, as a checking account is required to make purchases.
Purchase / Withdrawal Limits: Every debit card has a daily purchase limit and a daily cash withdrawal limit. We like to keep the limit as low as your daily usage allows - which helps keep your money safe in the event someone would get hold of your card information and use it fraudulently. If you need to increase your limit for anything just let us know! We can raise it for the day, over the weekend, while you're on vacation, or permanently, in only a matter of minutes (sometimes only seconds)!
Travel Notice: Please call us before you leave on any trip. Adding a travel notice to your card allows you to use your card with less interruption. Otherwise, our fraud monitoring company may see any transaction outside your normal spending are as fraud and restrict your card.
Lost or Stolen Debit Card? Call 1-605-353-9977 during business hours, or 1-800-236-2442 after hours.
- EMV Chip Cards offer safer purchasing at merchant terminals as it provides an extra level of security and authentication at the merchant.
- Visa Secure (previously Verified by Visa) helps ensure that payments are made by the rightful owner of the Visa card, protecting you against unauthorized purchases when shopping online. Through Visa Secure, low-risk transactions are sent directly to the merchant for authorization, while high-risk transactions may require additional information. This additional information will be in the form of a one-time passcode (OTP) sent to your mobile device via text message or email. This type of authentication method offers a high level of security, and decreases usage delays. Visa always offers comprehensive fraud protection to cardholders. With Visa Secure, you get an extra layer of security to protect your identity and your shopping experience online. IMPORTANT: The OTP is sent based on information we have in our system. Therefore, it is VERY important we always have your most current cell phone number and email address on file.
- Fraud Prevention measures are becoming more immediate. If a suspicious transaction is attempted on your card our fraud monitoring company will restrict your card and send you a text message, call you, and/or send you an email. Please make sure the phone numbers, email, etc. on file is the most current contact information to ensure you receive fraud alerts, if necessary.
ATM Locator: To locate the nearest free, or surcharge free, ATM visit: and click on ATM Finder.
No ATM near you? No problem! When you are at a store making a purchase you have the ability to get cash back with your purchase. All you have to do is select the debit option and enter your PIN. When prompted if you want cash back, select yes and enter the amount. Many merchants allow you to get $100 cash back.
- Advantage ATMs: Using an Advantage ATM ensures you will not be charged for a cash withdrawal.
- Allpoint ATMs: As a M-O FCU debit card holder you have access to over 55,000 ATMs throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, United Kingdom, and Australia for FREE. 43,000 of which are in the United States in retail locations such as Target, CVS, Walgreens, 7 Eleven, Costco, Safeway, etc. Just look for the Allpoint logo on the ATM.
Check Blank Ordering
Currently you are able to order check blanks from 2 different companies. Both companies offer a good quality product with built in security features. You can mail in your check reorder sheet that comes with your checks, drop it off at either of our locations, call in, or order online. There are also other products like labels, stamps, checkbook covers, deposit tickets, etc. that can be ordered.
* CHANGES? The online ordering for both companies is meant to be used if you have no changes to make to your order. If you need to change your address, phone number, name or other information, please contact any M-O FCU employee to re-order your checks.
Below outlines some of the main differences between the two companies:
|Bank-A-Count (Checks For Less):
|| Main Street:
- 10+ check designs
- 200 Singles ~ $13.20
- 150 Duplicates ~ $15.86
- ordering or through any M-O FCU employee
- 40 check designs
- 90 Singles ~ $25.14
- 90 Duplicates ~ $26.49
- or through any M-O FCU employee
Overdraft Protection is coverage on your checking in the event your account is overdrawn. It is a loan that is issued to cover your purchases that keeps you from being charged an overdraft fee or transfer fee. Funds are advanced in $50 increments up to your approved limit , which is $1,000 maximum*.
You have the ability to transfer funds from your Overdraft Protection into your checking if you know you need more funds. If a transfer happens automatically when items are clearing your account, the transfer will be done in $50 increments. However, if you advance the funds yourself you are able to transfer any dollar amount, up to the available limit, even if that amount is less than $50.
Payments of $30 will be automatically withdrawn from your checking account on the 15th of each month. If you would like to pay down/off your Overdraft Protection balance sooner, you are able to make additional and/or larger payments.
If you do not have Overdraft Protection and would like to apply, contact any M-O FCU employee for an application, or click here to print one yourself.
* Additional overdrafts will be subject to M-O FCU's overdraft policy.